Appointment under Rule 17-A Whether Regular or On Contract Basis?

Govt of the Punjab, Services & General Administration Department (Regulation Wing), Lahore has already issued letter No. SOR-III(S&GAD) 3-12/2008 dated 12th November 2008 & 30th January 2009 in connection with the Appointment under Rule 17-A of Children or Widow of an Employee who dies During Service or Invalidated for further Service. The detail of the same is as under:

• Rule 17-A of the Punjab Civil Servants (Appointment and Conditions of Service) Rules 1974 provides that whenever a civil servant dies during service or is declared as invalidated/incapacitated for further service one of his unemployed children or his widow/wife may be employed by Appointing Authority against a post to be filled under 16 and 17 for which he/she possesses the prescribed qualification and experience and such child or widow/wife may be given 10 additional marks in the aggregate by the Public Service Commission or by the Appropriate Selection Board or Committee provided otherwise he/she qualifies in the test/exam and or interview of posts and BPS-6 and above.

Provided further that one child or widow/wife of a Government servant who dies in service or declared as invalidated/incapacitated for further service may be provided a job against posts in BPS-01 to BPS-05 and the post of Junior Clerk (BPS-07) in the department in which the deceased employee was working without observation of formalities prescribed under the rules/procedure.

• Section 4 of the Punjab Civil Servants Acts 1974 provides that appointments to a civil service of the province or to a civil post in connection with the affairs of the province shall be made in the prescribed manner.
  • The above provisions of the Act and the Rules do not specify that initial appointment/recruitment should be made on regular or contract basis. Therefore appointments to posts reserved for initial appointment can be made either on contract or regular basis as per requirement of the Government.
  • The Government however generally shifted from regular to contract mode of appointment and issued a comprehensive Contract Appointment Policy 2004. The facility of appointment under Rule 17-A has been extended to the children/widow/wife of civil servants who dies during service or is declared as invalidated/incapacitated for further service while in service through the Contract Appointment Policy 2004 so that such candidates or not deprived of job against the posts which are being filled on contract basis.
  • The Government has constituted a Contract Appointment Regulation Committee (CARC) to determine the categories of posts which can be filled on contract or regular basis. The recommendation of CARC with regard to declaring a post to be filled on contract or regular basis is then submitted for approval of the Chief Minister. The departments then may make recruitment accordingly.
  • The Regulation Wing vide circular dated 05-08-2006 made an amendment in the Contract Appointment Policy 2004 envisaging that the provision of Rule 17-A of the Punjab Civil Servants (Appointment and Conditions of Service) Rules 1974 and the relevant instructions/guidelines issued in this behalf from time to time shall be applicable mutates mutandis for employment of one of the unemployed children, wife/widow of a civil servant dies during service or is declared as invalidated/incapacitated for further service under the policy.

The nature of the employment so provided shall be dependent on the mode of recruitment viz. contract or regular as may be decided by the Government in respect of a particular post.
Rule 17-A

Rules 17 A

Rules 17-A

17-A Rule

Court Decision Rule 17 A

17 A Rule Court

This post has been delivered by APD Warble Fly Control Dera Ghazi Khan.

Summary
Appointment under Rule 17-A Whether Regular or On Contract Basis?
Govt of the Punjab, Services & General Administration Department (Regulation Wing), Lahore has already issued letter No. SOR-III(S&GAD) 3-12/2008 dated 12th November 2008 & 30th January 2009 in connection with the Appointment of Children or Widow of an Employee who dies During Service or Invalidated for further Service under Rule 17-A.

1. ghulam Rabbani says:

Dear ShumailaKamal plz tell am waiting. ......

2. M Atif says:

My Mother was Teacher in Government School in pay scale 12 . She Passed Away due to Cancer . She applied for retirement before 10 days of her death due to her sever condition . I want to know that i am still eligible for job against 17 a Rule. Retirement Notification 14/04/2008. Death on 28/04/2008. Please inform me .Thanks

3. ghulam Rabbani says:

Hello tell me some One B category mein 17 A k tahat job hoti hai

4. ghulam Rabbani says:

My number is 03084803304 and 03427696274 hai

5. ghulam Rabbani says:

Mein nay apni application b jama krwa di the aur mein typing ka test b day kr aya tha aur pas ni kr saka mein nay bps 11 mein as a J.C Clark application di the lakan bad mein mari application wapas kr di k ap ko job ni mil sakti mary father primary school teacher hain aur wo bps 14 mein 28-6-2016 ko medical ground mein B category mein retired howay hain jab mein nay waja pochoi to ak from dia hai mug k B category mein jab ni mil sakti September 10 .2014 say plz give me fully information

6. ghulam Rabbani says:

Tel me k b category mein 17 A k tahat job mil jati hai

7. Abdul samad says:

Kya ap bata sakty han kay government eployee jo retired ho chuky han un kay childrens ko additional marks milengay ya ni e.g. agr koi teacher retired ha to us ka son/ doughter teaching kay liay apply kary to usy marks milengay ya ni plzzz tell me

8. Muhammad Tayyab iqbal says:

17-a rule k tehd bhrti hve mulazmeen k haq ma Lahore high Court decision bahwalpur bench fesla dia h kia un ki copy mil skti h. Fesla October 2016 ma hva h

9. Kazim ali says:

Meri oppiontment rule 17A k tehat hoi hy.lakin mujay contract par bharti kia gia hy kia mujay in court ki judgment ki copy send kar sakti gain jin main rule 17A ko paramanent post kaha gia hy.
    Plz send me ......

10. AlAltaf says:

Please send the circular of S&GAD dates 7-2008

11. Asim ali. says:

A.O.A..... MAM....!
    Mary Father FBR main as a driver k job kr rahy ha but mary Father k eyez ka problem ha main ne un ka medical krwaya ha but wo unfit aya ha .... So please guide about it ke muje FBR m job mil skti ha 17A rules k matabik ,,,,,, My education is B.com.
    Mam.....
    Waiting for your reply......!

12. rizwa says:

AoA
    what is the age limit and qualification for junior clerk 17A rule

13. Kanwar zeeshan says:

Shehyar ahmad plz give me your number and my number is 03003574401

14. shehryar ahmad says:

slam
    rule 17 A k mutaliq kuch new information to dain plzzzzz

15. Shakeel Awan says:

Please tell me about basic qualification for new appointment of Junior Clerk in BS-11.

Shakeel Awan,
    Dera Ghazi Khan
    Mob: 0300-5302585

16. shehryar ahmad says:

reply to dy dain m waiting

17. kanwar xeeshan says:

My father retired on medical ground "A" category now i have apply for junior clerk on bps :"7" under 17-A rule but department didn't appoint me according to 17-a rule because junior clerk grade is changed & now grade of junior clerk is (11).so any body know about the amended rules plz inform me.

18. Noyan Mughal says:

Can I get Government under Special Rule after father's death my age is 17

19. tasadaq ahsan says:

father job k duran bimar ho gay thay or usi duran un ki retairment 15-1-14 ho gai retairment k kuch arsa bad he wo 8-3-14wafat pa gay kia mia un ki jaga job hasil kr sakta hu??
    03066756732

20. shehryar ahmad says:

17A k rule k mutabiq ab j C ki seat mil sakti ha kiya????plzz tell me

21. shehryar ahmad says:

mere father 2 month pehly retired huwy .unfit hony ki wja se. ma ne b.a kea huwa ha meri age 22 ha. ma ne J C k liye application di. e.d.o health sargodha ne jawaab diya ha k 17 A k teht apko J.C ki seat nh dy sakty q k scal 11 ho gya ha. mujhe ye confrm krna ha k kiya waqi he 17A k teht ab J C ki seat nh mil sakti.

22. shehryar ahmad says:

slam . mere father kuch months pehly retire huwy hain unfit hony ki wja sy. ma b.a kiya huwa ha . ma ne J C k liye apply kea 17A k teht . e.d.o order nh kr rha kehta ha clrck ka scale 11 ho gya . please btain ma kiya kron.

23. haseeb says:

my father was died in 2016 and was line man one (scale 11) in FESCO. I have done m phil in agriculture and my brother is doing bsc electrical
    please tell me who is best for job under 17 a rule, me or my brother
    which scale is given to me and my brother
    muhammadhaseeb948@yahoo.com

24. Muhammad Nadeem says:

Dear Mam,

1. I am BA, B.Ed, DAE (electrical) and doing MCS now
    my father was teacher and died during service in 1994. Now, I applied under 17-A but they offering me only Class IV post instead of clerk BS7. But now in coming future Govt. recruiting educators.
    I wanted to ask either I am eligible to apply under rule 17-A for an educator or should I avail Class-IV and then afterwords I try through department.
    2. my age at this time is 37. what is age limit under 17A rule? please confirm me
    Mam please answer me

25. M Ali Raza says:

salam
    i am appointed as a store keeper under the rule of 17A. i have done MBA. now can i permote to junier clark or am i stuck in store keeper post?? store keeper scale in my dept is 5. Govt Building Dept.

26. ali abbas says:

Respected madam,
    I hope you will be fine, I want to some information from your side, my father died during service in 1993 in pakistan railway.can I apply in my father seat under 17A.

27. Muhammad Ahmad says:

Junior clerk ka grade 7 say 11 ho gia hay to ab 17-A k under kon say grade par appointment ho gi.

28. kanwar xeeshan says:

junior clerk ke grade 7 ha tou ab junior clerk ka grade 11 ho gya ha tou 17-A rule tou grade 7 tak ha tou ab wo kis grade per appoint hoga ?

29. shahbaz says:

A.O. A.
    meray father medical unfit ho gi ye hain.
    I m dispenser. Kia ma dispenser ki seat per a skta hun 17A rules k tor per.
    Dispenser ka BPS 6 hai.
    Jb k junior clerk ka bps 7 hai.
    please tell me.
    What I do

30. anees ur rehman says:

Asalam o alikum... mery father ki death 2010 mai hoe ... wo in service ty.. wo education department mai ty .... we belong to rajanpur district .. mai ne aplication jama krwai meri qualification f.a ha .... muhjy education waly kehty hain ap typing test dain lazmi agar ap ne 25 wpm diey tab ap ki job ho ge junior clerk py nh to class 4 ... msi j/c lagna chahta hu par wo test ko lazmi pass krana ... death quota mai s tarh to nh hota... please help krain koi meri ... my cell no 03236701914 ..... 5years ho gy aj tak mujhy job nh mili ... meri typing speed 20 tak ha..

31. Shahbaz Rahi says:

Mery father dispenser hain. WO medical unfit ho gi ye hain. Ma bi disperser hun. Kia ma unn ki seat per 17A k tor per a skta hun? I have 2 year govt experience dispenser.
    Please help me my question

32. m usman says:

Meray walid ki death 5 10 1998 hui this

33. m usman says:

G . mein apnay wallid ki pention le rah hu is ki mudat kitni age tak hu gi mien ne B A kia huwa hai kiya mujay 17A k teht teacher ki job mil sekti agr mil sekti hai tu kis scale ki zoor send krain

34. Shahbaz Rahi says:

59 age say phaly medical unfitness mil skta hai kia

35. Shahbaz Rahi says:

Mam
    A.O.A
    MUJY YE MALOOM KR NA HAI MEDICAL UNFIT LY NY KAY LE YE AGE LIMIT KIA HOTI HAI.

36. M. Tahir Javed says:

mam mery father primery teacher thy wo medically unfitness ki waja sy retair ho ... 17A rule k mutabik mjy education main LA ki job mili hy jis ka bps 01 hy ... or main ny MBA kia hwa hy... kia main futher kisi achi post k ly apply kr skta hn ... meri age 36 ho gai hy ... kia age main be koi relaxation mil skti hy ... plz ans me

37. jahangir says:

mam meri ami (mother) medical unfit ho gai hain ab kia mujhe ppsc mein 10 marks milien ge.i am M.A English. aur mujhe maximum knse scale ki job mil sakti hai.

38. Aftab says:

AOA. My Father Is brain hemrag during govt job jail dept and his son qualfication F.A.he is apply Invaldation or 17-A rule.and what is prcedure is adopted.and what is apply for bps or junior clerk my father is bps 8 when he is retired medica ground.

39. mansoor says:

Dear madam, I have a notification that deceased civil servants children or widow may get age relaxation upto 10 years.I got age relaxation on the base of above mentioned notification for PPSc exam. My question is that notification is applicable for local government job bcz it is autonomous body. I mean Punjab civil service rules for recruitment would apply for local government & community development job.

40. ali says:

Miss. mery father Federal Govt FIA me job karty thy un ki on duty death hoi then mujy 2 years contract par as Clerk job mili ab mera contract expire ho gaya hy me kis tarha regular ho ga

41. Shahid Mahmood says:

mujy Notification chaie recuritment Government servants ka childern quota wala

42. MUHAMMAS WAQAS says:

Dear Ma'am

My father died in 2006 during service in BPS 17. I want to ontained job of Junior Clerk under rule 17A. Kindly inform me is there any age limit for applicant?
    My age is 26 year. May I apply for J.C?

43. muhammad nafees says:

mere uncle school main teacher the. unki 1995 main during in service death ho gai thi jab ke un ki service 08 years thi us waqt un ki 2 daughters thein jinki ages 2 year or 4 years thi. ab bari ki marriage ho gai hay aur choti un-married hay aur age 22 years hay kia usay apne father ke quote main job mil sakti hay if yes to apply kese kare aur muzeed ye ke service kam hone se anti ko pension nahi mil saki

44. shahzad ahmad siyal says:

a.o.a mam my father died on 1st july 2002. He died during service on the post of est bps-9. Now i applied for the qouta. Will the additional mark be given to me? If not then how much percentage is specified for this qouta by the punjab edu deptt!
    There were 8 applicants over all applied for this qouta in Bahawal pur including me. 163 seats are here for ese 9
    Plz inform me mam as soon as possible.
    Contact : 03006312889

45. ateeq ullah khalid says:

my father passed away in the age of 63 years and he completed job till he retired in the age of 60 years can i get jon i m bsc engineer 16 years of education

46. umar says:

dear madam
    My mother has passed away in this year.she was on bps 3 in health deptt.now i had done my MBA.can i get a job above bps-10 or according to my qualification?kindly reply

47. M. S. Rehman says:

A. O. A please mujhy Appointment rules After the deth dain buht lazmi hay
    Muhammadsaddiquerehman@yahoo.com

48. Shahroon saeed says:

AOA,

My Mother passed away due to cancer, on July 6th 2014. She was working in Special Education School for blinds Governed by Punjab government in Lahore. We were strongly dependent on our mother source of income, I am on only son and i have one sister. Now i want to work instead of my mother, but i did not understand the criteria through i can get job in government department. I have done master in commerce. And my age is 22.

I will be thankful if somebody guide me. How can i apply under rule 17A.

my email id shary199127@gmail.com

49. aqeel ur rehman says:

respected madm please email me the notifications of medical unfit during service punjab govt for all categories i.e gazzeted and non gazetted
    thanks
    aqeel ul rehman drishak
    stenographer
    school of nrusing dhq.hospital rajanpur.
    03336441048
    aqeeldreshak@gmail.com

50. naeem says:

mis kia fedral gov k bhi yahi rule he

51. wahid nazeer says:

dear mam
    mere father 15 may 2013 ko medical ground par retired hoe the . main ne 8 month k musalsal tests clear kar lia laikin baad mjhe oraly over age kar dia gea.phr main ne 10 year ki age relxation ka notification pesh kea, baad main mjhe kaha gea k aap ne ab notification pesh kea hai lehaza ab aap phr new aaplication daien aur tests pass karen phr aap k orders jari karen gae kya koi aesa rule hai plz guide me
    thanx

• Dear Wahid, I am not confirm about this rule, I have never heard about this rule. Plz read the point (i) here mentioned that "Provided further that one child or widow/wife of a Government servant who dies in service or declared as invalidated/incapacitated for further service may be provided a job against posts in BPS-01 to BPS-05 and the post of Junior Clerk (BPS-07) in the department in which the deceased employee was working without observation of formalities prescribed under the rules/procedure".

52. wajid says:

I served four years in BS-17 (two year contract and two years regular) in the Government of Punjab, Agriculture wing. The worthy Secretary allowed two years EOL (Extra Ordinary Leave without pay) to pursue my PhD studies In China.My EOL will be expired in August 2014. Now I need one year more to complete the studies. Is here any rule to extend the leave so that I may complete my studies? Is there any rule by which my leave (without pay) could be converted to leave with pay.
    My studies are too much disturbed to this matter. Please helo me in this regards.
    Looking forwrd

53. wajid says:

My two years Extra ordinary leave (EOL) is going to expire in August 2014. My regular service in Punjab Agriculture is two years. The question is that can i extend the EOL for one year more?

54. Saeed Abbas says:

dear madam,
    if a candidate having the domicile of other district and his father dies in other district then the candidate can applicable for the appointment as C-IV under Rules 17-A in that district/place where his father was dead????
    kindly advice me in this matter as soon as possible however, the case of the candidate can be solved.

55. Aamir says:

aoa madam, ek case meri nazar sy guzra hy k ek widow apny husband ki death j bd death quota py appoint hui hy. kia wo second marriage kr skti hy. plz reply me soon

56. noor waseem says:

Dear ma'am,
    I was married before i was appointed as a junior clerk (BS-07) in F.B.R gujranwala. are there such rules or regulations which can provide evidence that the deceased parent's child cannot be appointed ? i need your help for further assistance, as two months have been passed and i have not been paid the required salary for the tenor i have been working, waiting for your reply as early as possible...

• Dear Noor just contact your Office or accounts office for the latest progress of the salary.

• noor waseem says:

Dear ma'am i am still deprived of my salary and account officers are refusing to make my salary bills. however i have read a judgement of Lahore High Court in favour of a lady who was married (Ubaida Manzoor)when she was appointed and the education officer refused and raised an objection that daughters become the liabilities of their husbands after marriage. I need ur help , I have attached that judgement of honourable high court and the accounts officer Gujranwala has sent that to Accountant Gerneral Pakistan Revenue Lahore. now they are making objections that Ubaida Manzoor didn't joined through assitance package or her case was in Punjab government whether i am a federal government employee. plzz help me out i need ur help in this matter. my 3rd month has also come up to an end and i have not paid even a single ruppee.. should i file a writ petition in high court too?

57. SALEEL AKBER says:

My father died before 15 year during service in health department (BPS-14). now i done my Metric can i get any job in health department.

58. Rizwan says:

my father died on 09-12-2012 during service
    i have cleared written test of lahore development authority for the post of AD BS-17.may i get 10 additional marks in interview for final selection as per rule -17 .

• Dear Rizwan you can get 10 additional marks if you have provided them the death certificate of your father and related documents.

• rizwan says:

miss shumila I contacted to a lda personal regarding rule 17-a.He told me that only you can get relaxation of 10 marks in the parent department of your father.i personally read the rules of appointment but I could not find anything like that.About parent department is not mentioned in the rules.waiting for your reply..

• Dear Rizwan there is no mention of parent department. Ask them to show the copy of the same where mention the parent department?

• Muhammad Asim says:

59. shahid aslam says:

Aslamulaikum, My father died in 1997 he was teacher under punjab govt service 7 years. can i apply to my younger brother for any post?mean bps-7 or above.