Last Updated on October 30, 2021 by Galaxy World
Government of Pakistan, Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunication has issued Notification on 20-08-2018 in connection with Internal Austerity Measures for the Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunications. Detail is as under:
In Light of the vision for curtailing government expenditure presented by the Hon`ble Prime Minister of Pakistan in his inaugural address to the nation on the 19th of August 2018, the following austerity measures are to be adopted within the Ministry of IT & Telecom and with immediate effect.
- There will be a complete ban on serving of dinner/lunches/high tea during official meetings. Only coffee/tea will be served during official meetings. Serving of 0.5. Liter bottled water will also be banned.
- Officers will ensure minimal use of stationery. As a start, in order to optimize paper use, double-sided printing as well as minimal line spacing may be used in preparation of case on note sheets, Drafts etc.
- Use of Air-Conditioning will only be allowed after 11:00 am and at 26 degrees. Air Conditioners will be turned off throughout the Ministry w.e.f. 15th September 2018.
- Expenditures on TA/DA, Repair of Transport and POI/CNG will be optimized and will be restricted to the bare minimum.
- Procurement of physical assets during current CFY (2018-19) will be restricted to a minimum.
- Offices will ensure minimal use of lighting fixtures. Office support staff will be responsible for turning of lighting fixtures after office hours.
- Austerity Measures to be issued by Finance Division for the CFY 2018-19 will be adhered to in letter and spirit.
For Strict Compliance
This issue with the approval of Secretary IT.
Special thanks to Mr. Zahid Khan for sending the copy of the Notification of Internal Austerity Measures for the Ministry of Information Technology and Telecommunications.