Government of the Punjab Services & General Administration Department (Welfare Wing) has issued Notification on 03-06-2020 in connection with Wearing Face Mask in Govt Offices. The Government decided so due to COVID-19 precautionary measures.
Wearing Face Mask in Govt Offices (Punjab)
I am directed to refer to the subject noted above and to state that the Government of Punjab has decided that all the employees (officers & Officials) shall wear masks in Government Offices, without fail, as a measure against the spread of COVID-19. It is therefore requested to ensure the use of masks in government offices so as to avoid the spread of COVID-19.
Notification by Sindh Government
In the same way, the Government of Sindh Services, General Administration & Coordination Department has also issued Notification on the same date. The subject of the Notification is as under:
“Advisory for Government Departments / Attached Departments / Sub-Ordinate Offices / Autonomous Bodies Regarding COVID-19 (Corona Virus).
I am directed to convey that it has been decided that in view of the recent wave of the pandemic of COVID-19 (Corona Virus); following instructions are required to be adhered to while maintaining office routine and Sindh.
Instructions for Offices / Employees
- Nobody shall be allowed to enter, without Wearing Face Mask, into the premises of all departments/attached departments/subordinate offices/autonomous bodies under the Government of Sindh.
- The social distancing of at least 3 feet should be maintained by all the officers/officials, at all times in every workplace.
- General Administration shall ensure effective disinfection of all the offices thrice in a week, especially of the surface of installations, chairs, tables, and doors.
- The General Administration shall ensure that all staff is provided with face masks to wear.
- General Administration shall ensure that the thermal guns are provided at the entrance of the department/office for the screening of the body temperature of officers/officials.
- No Person having fever, flu, cough, shortness of breath, and body pain shall be allowed to enter into the premises of department/office.
- It shall be ensured that there Is no crowding/gatherings strictly at any place.
- Messages/posters/signs of social distancing shall be displayed at every workplace.
- All persons included staff with cough, flu, body ache or shortness of breath and elderly people of 50 years & above with co-morbidities like diabetes, hypertension, kidney diseases, the allergic, asthmatic and immune-compromised state shall be advised to remain at home and perform the function from their home (where applicable/ feasible).
- All staff of essential services and designated/notified offices from time to time remain on duty or on-call during the span of pandemic COVID-19.
- Employees with travel history abroad with the last month are advised to ensure strict self-quarantine at home and further social distancing to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- All persons at the office must perform hand hygiene frequently with soap and water or hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizers should be installed within office premises with proper refills on a daily basis.
- All departments/offices shall be declared NO SMOKING ZONE and all employees be advised for no smoking.
- The public shall not be allowed to visit departments/offices during the COVID-19 emergency. Online Complaint Portal for registering complaints shall be widely publicized for the facilitation of the general public.
- 1/3rd of the total staff shall be allowed to attend departments/offices on a rotation basis by ensuring all security/safety protocols including distancing, infection prevention, and disinfection. All the employees shall be screened for COVID-19 symptoms before calling for duty. Other staff shall be assigned home-based work through telecommunication channels/means.
More you can see at the attached document.
- Muhammad Tanveer Ashraf
- Muhammad Bux Saleem Khaskheli