Minimum Length of Service for Promotion

Government of the Punjab, Services & General Administration Department (Regulation Wing) has already issued Notification No. SOR-III(S&GAD)1-4/2003 dated 14-11-2010 in connection with  Minimum Length of Service for Promotion.

The Rules made by this Notification are called “Punjab Civil Servants (Minimum Length of Service for Promotion) Rules 2010”. These rules shall apply on the Government servants and will come into force with effect from 1st January 2011. The chart of the same is as under:

Minimum Length of Service for Promotion

 

The detail of the same is as under:

Where Initial Appointment was made in BPS-17

 

S.No For Posts Length of Service
1 For posts in BPS-18 5 years service against posts in BPS-17
2 For posts in BPS-19 12 years service against posts in BPS-17 & Above
3 For posts in BPS-20 17 years service against posts in BPS-17 & Above
4 For posts in BPS-21 22 years service against posts in BPS-17 & Above

 

Where Initial Appointment was made in BPS-18

 

S.No For Posts Length of Service
1 For posts in BPS-19 07 years service against posts in BPS-18 & Above
2 For posts in BPS-20 12 years service against posts in BPS-18 & Above
3 For posts in BPS-21 17 years service against posts in BPS-18 & Above

 

Where Initial Appointment was made in BPS-19

 

S.No For Posts Length of Service
1 For posts in BPS-20 05 years service against posts in BPS-19 & Above
2 For posts in BPS-21 10 years service against posts in BPS-19 & Above

 

Where Initial Appointment was made in BPS-20

 

S.No For Posts Length of Service
1 For posts in BPS-21 05 years service against posts in BPS-20 & Above

 

Where initial appointment of a person was made in BPS-16 or below, one half of the service in BPS-16 and one fourth in BPS-15 and below shall be counted as service in BPS-17 for commuting length of service for purposes of promotion to basic pay scales 18, 19 or 20.

The minimum length of service prescribed under these rules or the minimum length of service prescribed under the relevant service rules of various cadres, which ever is more, shall be applicable.

 

Minimum Length Service

 

Minimum Service Promotion

 

 

Minimum Promotion Service

 

 

Summary
Article Name
Minimum Length of Service for Promotion
Description
Notification No. SOR-III(S&GAD)1-4/2003 dated 14-11-2010 has been issued regarding Minimum Length of Service for Promotion
Author

18 Comments

  1. Yasir says:

    Shumaila! Please clarify the following position. In my department, Post of Additional Director was 100% promotion basis till 2013. In 2013, basis of promotion was revised as 80% and remaining 20% as initial appointment.

    There are 4 positions of Additional Director in our department (Finance & Audit). Please confirm the following:
    (i) is revision be made from effective date or retrospectively?
    (ii) Priority shall be given to promotion or initial appointment?

  2. azeem ahmad says:

    Also share multan big city detail notification plz

  3. azeem ahmad says:

    Salam madam i m working in agriculture extension dept as agriculture officer bs_17. These promotion rules can also apply in my dept? although my seniors working in bs_17 scale for almost 24years n still no chance of promotion

  4. Nazia says:

    The person appointed at bps-16 in how much year she/ he will be promoted?

  5. Asif Ali abbasi says:

    Dear Mam, have any Govt of sindh Notification like below employees BPS 17 time period for promotion ?

  6. ISHFAQ TARIQ says:

    AOA. Madam : kia non tech. ki tarah, Technical waloon ki up gradation ka koi chance hay.

  7. shahida perveen says:

    kia rules bne hain. or tu koi government employ hy hi nh jese. jo log M. A, M. ed hune k bawajood 20 , 20 salon se as a PST ya EST job kr rahe hain un k haq nh bnta k un ko promote kia jay. bre grades walon ko tu pehle hi boht c promotions milti hain. jb promotion ki baat hu tu grade 17 se start krain baqi log counting mein hi nh han or jb kaam kerwana hu koi sevy hu ya 100% admission ka target hu tb PSTs se start kia jata hy. kia yeh zulm nh?

  8. M.A.T says:

    i am on contract in bps-16... how i will go further .... "Where initial appointment of a person was made in BPS-16 or below, one half of the service in BPS-16 and one fourth in BPS-15 and below shall be counted as service in BPS-17 for commuting length of service for purposes of promotion to basic pay scales 18, 19 or 20." ... what exactly its mean?

  9. Babur Khan says:

    AOA!Does service of different cadres compute for the purpose of promotion?

  10. CHHIEMI says:

    F. G. E. I. (C/G) main promotion rules kya hain?

  11. Mazhar Rasheed says:

    FG ka kia rule hey madem

  12. abdul GHAFOOR says:

    Hope that federal government will issue the same type of notification

Leave a Comment

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.