I shall share today the Supreme Court Judgment Regarding Group Insurance on Retirement of the Government employees. I am receiving daily emails regarding the same and I tried my best to get the supreme court of Pakistan decision regarding the GI on retirement. However respectable Engr. Muhammad Zafar Paracha today shared me the SC Orders regarding Group Insurance. Summary of the same is as under:
SCP Judgment Regarding Group Insurance on Retirement
Facts in brief of the subject are as under:-
- That the government introduced a scheme known as Group insurance Scheme under the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Government employees Welfare Funds Ordinance 1969, whereby Deduction of Group Insurance was made from every employee in his salary the payment of which was made to the employee who died during service and not to retired.
- That the respondents/retired employees filed writ petition No.1355-P/2013 before the Hon`ble Peshawar High court, Peshawar wherein comments was called from the petitioner’s which were filed accordingly.
- That the Hon`ble Peshawar High Court, Peshawar accepted and allowed the writ petition of respondents vides order dated 3/11/2016 in WP NO.1355 –P/2013.
- That the petitioners challenged the judgment and order of the Hon`ble Peshawar High Courts, Peshawar dated 3/11/2016 of WP NO.1355-P/2013 in CPLA No.11-P/2017 which was dismissed vide order dated 15/2/2018.
- That this august Court while dismissing the CPLA No.11-P/2017 vide judgment and order dated 15/2/2018 has not adverted to the impugned points in review.
- That the petitioners seek indulgence of this august Court for review of its judgment and order dated 15/2/2018 in CPLA No.11-/2017 (details are available at the copy of the decision).
IN THE SUPREME COURT OF PAKISTAN
Present: MR.JUSTICE MIAN SAQIB NISAR . HCJ
MR.JUSTICE UMAR ATA BANDIAL . J
- JUSTICE NIAZ UL AHSAN. J
CIVIL PETITION NO.11-P OF 2017
(ON APPEAL AGAINST THE JUDGMENT DATAED
03.11.2016 OF THE Peshawar High Court, Peshawar,
Passed in WP MP.1365 P/2013)
Govt. of KPK through Chief Secretary Peshawar
and others Petitioner (s)
Fida Muhammad Durrani and others Respondent (s)
For the petitioner (s) Mr.Zahid Yousuf Qureshi/ Add.A.G
For the Respondent (s) Mr. Asif Yousafzai. ASC
Date of hearing 15.02.2018
MIAN SAQAB NISAR. CJ: Having heard the learned Additional Advocate General Khyber Pakhtunkhwa as well as learned council for the respondent s. We do not find any illegality in the impugned judgment calling for interference Dismissed accordingly.
It is to mention here that the case of Group Insurance on Retirement in Punjab and Sindh is also in process. I hope soon the concerned departments will provide the further updates in this regard I have also shared the latest updates for Federal Government employees Group Insurance on Retirement. As soon as I get the further updates on the topic I shall share here for the information of the concerned.
So keep tuned with us for further updates of GI amount on retirement for Federal and Punjab Government retired employees and it will be also helpful for those who will retire in future. If you have any question / query /suggestion please feel free to comment below in the comments section.