Last Updated on June 6, 2021 by Galaxy World
A summary for the Grant of Special Allowance 2021 Punjab BPS-01 to BPS-19 has been signed by various authorities on 31-05-2021. Before it, I published only one page of the summary of 25% Special Allowance on Initial Pay. According to the summary, the employee of the Punjab Government will get the following benefits:
Summary Grant of Special Allowance 2021 Punjab
- 25% Special Allowance 2021
- This is the effect from 1st June 2021
- It is 25% of the initial of the Revised Pay Scales 2017
- BPS-01 to BPS-19 employees of specific departments will get this allowance
Federal Government issued notification for reduction of disparities in the pay of its employees in different Ministries, Attached Departments, and other organizations, under the title of Grant of Disparity Reduction Allowance (Annex-A). Moreover, the Federal Government recommended to the Provincial Government to consider adopting the proposed disparity allowance for their employees from the province’s own resources.
History of the Allowance
- After issuance of the above-mentioned notification, employees of various Provincial Departments started demanding the subject allowance on the analogy of said notification of the Federal Government. Accordingly, the Finance Department moved a Note for Principal Secretary to Chief Minister who conveyed that Chief Minister who conveyed that Chief Minister has desired that the instant matter may be placed before the Provincial Cabinet, for its consideration/approval (Annex-B).
- Subsequently, in pursuance of the directions of the competent Authority, I&C Wing, S&GAD notified a Ministerial Committee to furnish its recommendations to the Provincial cabinet to address the issue in a fiscally sustainable manner (Annex-C).
The Ministerial Committee for Disparity Reduction Allowance held various meetings under the Chairmanship of Finance Minister / Convener of the Committee and constituted a Sub-Committee (Annex-D) to deliberate upon the various possibilities of increase in allowances with reference to reducing the disparity among various employees of the government in consultation with the representation of different Unions of employees and to submit its report to the Ministerial Committee.
Special Thanks: Mr. Ziaullah Malik