General Conditions for the Annual Increment

Annual Increment is that increment that is granted on 1st December to a Govt Employee. The employee may be regular or on contract basis. The condition for the annual increment is that minimum service in a particular scale must be at least 6 months.

The employee who is entered a particular scale on 1st June or prior is entitled to get the annual increment. The employees who are appointed  in a particular pay scale later than 1st June are not entitled to get the annual increment.

The employees upgraded after 1st June are not entitled to get the annual increment. However they will get the annual increment if the special instructions by the competent authorities are issued in this regard. The example of this is that when the clerical staff was upgraded on 01-07-2007, the special instructions were issued by the competent authorities to grant the annual increments to these employees.

If the employees are promoted after 1st June they are not entitled to get the annual increment. However they can get the annual increment if they opt to fix their pay on 2nd December after getting annual increment in their previous scale. They must sign on an option certificate in this matter.

If a Govt employee retires on or after 1st June he will get annual increment in shape of Usual Increment.

If an employee gets Selection Grade after 1st June, he/she can also get annual increment if he also opts to fix his pay on 2nd December after availing the annual increment in his/her previous pay scale on 1st December.

1. Zahid Hussain Accountant says:

سلام میڈم
    ایک گزارش تھی۔
    ۱۔ یہ کہ حال ہی میں11-11-16 کو گلگت بلتستان میں کلریکل سٹاف کی اپگراڈیشن ہوئی ہے۔
    ۲۔ نوٹیفیکیشن میں Annual Increment کا کوئی زکر نہیں ہے۔
    ۳۔ کیا ان کو اپگراڈیشن کے ساتھ Annual Increment ملیگا۔ یا optionدینا پڑیگا؟

2. Abdul Rehman Tariq says:

Adab,

It is stated in above paras that 'the condition for annual increment is that minimum service in a particular scale must be at least six month '

Estacode describes that ' the condition for annual increment is that minimum service at a stage in particular scale must be at least six month'

Both definition have different meaning or understanding.

I need advice which definition prevails presently; if possible notification of competent Authority.

My case is also stated, I was working as CE in BPS 20 on 1.12.2012 and was promoted as GM in BPS 20 on 25.03.2013, retired on 02.09.2013, I was allowed annual increment on 01.12.12 and allowed two increments on promotion in same scale.

under one scenario, i qualify for (usual) annual increment in year of retirement, being more than six month service in same scale (BPS 20) while as per estacode, I do not qualify for usual increment because I do not have six month service at particular stage in scale (from date of promotion) in BPS 20.

I am not clear which scenario is correct. My department is of view i do not qualify for usual increment.

please advice

Regards
    tariq

3. IJAZ AHMAD says:

Respected Madam! I was working as Sub Engineer BPS-11 in Irrigation Department.Consequent upon passing the departmental professional exam,i was promoted as Senior Sub Engineer BPS-16 w.e.f 28-9-2015. My pay in BPS-11 was 26390+2380PP on 27-9-2015. My pay was fixed as 30505 w.e.f 28-9-2016 in BPS-16 and deprived of annual increment because of the fact that my service in BPS-16 was less than 6 months. Kindly let me know whether i was entitle of annual increment in BPS-16 because my sephere of duty was the same as of Sub Engineer despite of promotion as Senior Sub Engineer.

4. Muhammad Abu bakar says:

I worked in scale 5 for five years (Regular basis). now i change my department through proper channel and get scale 7 in present department (joining date is 13.06.2015). can i entitled for annual increment of dec2015?

5. Muhammad Yasin says:

please send me notification regarding one increment on promotion in same scale by punjab government. I promoted on 25-07-2013
    thanks
    Yasin

6. NAVEED says:

Respected Madam,

Would you please have any letter which was issue by the Govt. of Pakistan about the below mention paragraph.

The employee who is entered a particular scale on 1st June or prior is entitled to get the annual increment. The employees who are appointed in a particular pay scale later than 1st June are not entitled to get the annual increment.

Madam i need your help i am appoint in 02 May 2013 and the organization say that you are not eligible for the increment.

Regards,

NAVEED

7. Farrukh says:

Correction

لسلام و علیکم!
    معزز میڈم! میں آپ جناب سے یہ پوچھنا چاہتاہوں کہ فدوی کا چھوٹا بھائی بحیثیت فائرآفیسر(بی پی ایس 12) میں مورخہ01جون 2012کو اسکے اپائنمنٹ لیٹرپردستخط ڈائریکٹرایچ-آر-ایم نےدستخط کئے تھے مگروہاں کے اسٹاف نے جان بوجھکر یا ٹائم ختم ہونے اور جمعہ کے دن ہونے کی وجہ سےاس پر(آؤٹ ورڈ نمبر)نہیں لگایا اوراپائنمنٹ لیٹر جاری نہیں کیا اور پھرہفتہ و اتوار کی چھٹی آگئی اور پھر مورخہ04جون2012بروز پیرکووہاں کے اسٹاف نے(آؤٹ ورڈ نمبر) لگاکر لیٹر جاری کیامگر ڈائریکٹرایچ-آر-ایم کے دستخط مورخہ 01جون2012 کے تھے تو پھر بھائی نے مورخہ 04جون2012کوہی اپنی جوائننگ لکھکر دی اور ایچ-آر-ایم والوں نے اسکی جوائننگ مورخہ04 جون سے ہی قبول کی، کیا سال 2012 کا، انکریمنٹ لگے گا؟؟ کیا دستخط ڈائریکٹر ایچ-آر-ایم سے دن کاؤنت ہوگا یا جس دن آؤٹ ورڈ نمبر لگا ؟؟اور کیا 06 مہنے کا مطلب 01دسمبر تک ایمپلائی کو180دن ہونے چاہئے؟؟اگر 180 دن چاہیئےہوتےہیں تو بھی اس حساب سے میرےبھائی کے 04جون سے 01دسمبر تک 180 دن ہوجاتے ہیں کیونکہ جولائی،اگست،اکتوبر2012کے مہینے 31دن کے تھےاور مورخہ 04جون کا دن بھی کاؤنٹ ہوناچاہئے،اور اگر دستخط سے کاؤنٹ کیا جائے تو پھر 183 دن بنتے ہیں، اب آپ میڈم سےسہی رہنمائی کی جلد از جلد درخواست ہے۔

8. Farrukh says:

السلام و علیکم!
    معزز میڈم! میں آپ جناب سے یہ پوچھنا چاہتاہوں کہ فدوی کا چھوٹا بھائی بحیثیت فائرآفیسر(بی پی ایس 12) میں مورخہ01-07-2012کو اسکے اپائنمنٹ لیٹرپردستخط ڈائریکٹرایچ-آر-ایم نے کئے تھے مگروہاں کے اسٹاف نہیں جان بوجھکر یا ٹائم ختم ہونے اور جمعہ کے دن ہونے کی وجہ سےاس پر(آؤٹ ورڈ نمبر)نہیں لگایا اور پھرہفتہ و اتوار کی چھٹی آگئی اور پھر مورخہ04-07-2012بروز پیرکووہاں کے اسٹاف نے(آؤٹ ورڈ نمبر) لگایا تو پھر بھائی نے مورخہ 04-07-2012کوہی اپنی جوائننگ دی اور ایچ-آر-ایم والوں نے اسکی جوائننگ مورخہ04 جون سے ہی قبول کی، اسکا انکریمنٹ بھی نہیں لگا سال 2012 کا، کیاانکریمنٹ لگے گا؟؟ کیا 06 مہنے کا مطلب 01دسمبر تک ایمپلائی کو180دن ہونے چاہئے؟؟اگر 180 دن چاہیئےہوتےہیں تو بھی اس حساب سے میرےبھائی کے 04جون سے 01دسمبر تک 180 دن ہوجاتے ہیں کیونکہ جولائی،اگست،اکتوبر2012کے مہینے 31دن کے تھےاور مورخہ 04جون کا دن بھی کاؤنٹ ہوناچاہئے، اب آپ میڈم سےسہی رہنمائی کی جلد از جلد درخواست ہے۔

9. shakeel shahzad says:

scenario: an official is promoted on 1.12.2012, from bps-18 to bps-19
    question: officer pay in bps-19 will be fixed w.e.f. 2.12.2012, after giving increment in bps-18 on 1.12.2012 OR will be fixed on same date i.e 1.2.2012 after giving increment in bps-18 on 1.2.2012.?

• Dear Shakeel his pay will be fixed on 2nd December as if we fix his pay on 1st December he will not get Annual Increment as he has only 1 day service in BPS-19 on 1st December.

• shakeel shahzad says:

what if we give him increment of previous scale on 1.12.2012 in first step, and then fix his pay on next grade with effect from same date i.e 1.12.2012 in second step.

10. Samiullah Memon says:

Subject:- General Conditions for the Annual Increment

Respectable Madam,

I need copy of notification/ reference of rules in support of your valuable guidance on the subject.

• Dear Samiullah, if u don't get the same then contact me plz or otherwise u can see the book of "Pay and Allowances" find it on the net or just get it purchased.

• Samiullah Memon says:

Book available here contains pay scales from 1983 and on wards. I think the matter of increment was defined in scales 1972, which is not available with me. If you have any link with these rules, please share.

11. Irfan says:

Dear Madam Shumaila Kamal,

I want to know your good opinion on the scenario narrated below:

I Joined the Deputy Commissioner Office, Lahore in BPS-15 in 2001 against the advertisement mentioning therein temporary post but likely to be permanent for a contract period of 2 years.
    in the year 2002, Board of Revenue Lahore declared these post permanent.
    but regular orders could not be issued due to non availability of service rules for the said post.
    in the year 2009 CM regularized the services of all contract employees BS-1 to 15 but i could not be regularized due to absence of service rules.
    I joined another department in the year 2011 against the regular post by through porper channel application.
    i was releaved from my office to join the other department properly and issued me LPC mentioning me contract employee.
    In the year 2012 service rules of my perivious employment were framed and my remaining colleageus were regularized.
    Now my question is

1-Can my pay of contract employment can be protected. if yes then how.
    2-Should i move an application to my pervious employeer to regularize my service and issue me new LPC mentioning me as regular.

Needs your early comments.
    latter on, on several dates contract was renewed by the competent authorities.

12. M.Ilyas Hashmi says:

I joined my service on 8th of june, and cannot get the annual increment on 1st Dec. Can appointing authority relax 8 days for me for get annual increment?
    please reply.

13. ijaz kareem says:

i am working in wapda in BPS 16 i want to know that wheather u have any notification of wapda about the motor car advance?

14. farukh Memon says:

i have 5 years old contracual work exp in 16 grade den i got another job in 16 grde, can i get increments of 5 years contracial job ?