Government of Pakistan, Finance Division has issued Notification No. F. No. 4 (2) R-2/2014-237 dated 07-04-2015 in connection with Protection of pay of Contract Gazetted Employees on Regularization or on their appointment on regular basis.
The proposal for protection of pay last pay drawn by the contract employee on their regularization/appointment on regular basis are received in Finance Division and considered/decided on case to case basis. The existing rules/orders on the subject don’t provide for protection of pay of gazetted contract employees on their regularization. The Courts have held from time to time that the pay of gazetted contract employees on their regularization/appointment on regular basis should be protected. The matter has been examined in the light of Court’s judgments and it has been decided to issue general policy guidelines in this regard. The pay of the Gazetted Contract Employees on their regularization/appointment on regular basis will be protected subject to the following conditions:
- That the contract appointment has been made in a BPS on standard conditions and terms circulated by Establishment Division as amended from time to time.
- That the contract employee has applied through proper channel and has been properly relieved by the appointing authority. This condition shall not apply in case of regularization on the same post.
- The regularization/appointment on regular basis has been made with the approval of competent authority.
- That there is no break/interruption between regular and contract service.
- That the service rendered on contract basis shall not qualify for pension and gratuity purposes.
- That in the case of regular appointment from higher grade to lower grade, the pay shall not be protected.