Last Updated on August 6, 2021 by Galaxy World
The Punjab Gazetted (Extraordinary) has published the Draft Recommendations of Fixation of Minimum Wages of Unskilled Workers on 22-04-2021. The rates they recommended Rs. 750/- per day and 19500/- per month (for 26 Working days).
Fixation of Minimum Wages of Unskilled Workers 2021 Punjab
- These recommendations shall apply to all industrial & Commercial establishments of any sort located in the Provincial of Punjab under Section 4 of the Punjab Minimum Wages Act, 2019. The minimum rates of wages being proposed for unskilled and adolescent workers shall be applied uniformly throughout the Province.
- These recommendations shall be applicable Minimum Wages Act, 2019 and the west Pakistan Minimum Wages Rules, 1962, and shall come into force on 1st July 2021 after their approval and notification by the Government of Punjab under Section 6 of the said Act.
- As per provisions of rule 15 of the West Pakistan Minimum Wages Rules, 1962, for work of equal value, a female worker of the category shall get the same minimum wages as allowed to a male worker of the category for such work.
- The daily / weekly working hours and conditions of overtime work and work on weekly days of rest and on paid holidays, etc. in respect of the unskilled adult and adolescent workers of the given category shall be regulated by the factories Act, 1934 (XXV of 1934), payment of Wages Act, 1936 (IV of 1936) and other relevant Labour Laws.
- The minimum rates of wages of other categories of workers (highly skilled and semi-skilled) employed in any industry shall in no case be less than the minimum rate of wages, now, proposed for unskilled adult and adolescent workers in the Province of Punjab.
- The following deductions shall be allowed to the employees for provided housing accommodations and transport to the workers employed by them:
- For providing housing accommodation @Rs.242/- per month
- For providing transport @Rs.51/- per month
The schedule of the proposed minimum rate of wages is appended below:
Schedule of Proposed Minimum Wages Rates 2021
|Category of Workers||Proposed minimum rates of wages|
(for 8 working hours)
(for 26 working days)
|Unskilled adult & adolescent workers employed in all industrial & Commercial established in the Province of Punjab.||Rs. 750/-||Rs.19,500/-|
Special Thanks: Mr. Zahid Khan