Clarification of Pension Increase 2022 @ 15% instead of 05% Punjab

Last Updated on June 18, 2022 by Galaxy World

I am sharing here the Clarification of Pension Increase 2022 @ 15% instead of 05% Punjab. The pensioners of the Punjab Government were worried about the only 5% increase in pension in the Budget 2022-23. During the Budget Speech 2022-23 Punjab, the Provincial Minister announced to increase 5% the pension for the pensioners.

Pension Increase 2022 @ 15% instead of 05% Punjab

 

Sr. No Pension Rate Date Effective
1 10% of net Pension Minus Medical Increase 1st April 2022
2 05% of net Pension Minus Medical Increase 1st July 2022
3 Total Pension Enhanced 15% Increase

 

This announcement of the Minister worried and upset the pensioners. They were expecting to announce a 15% pension as Federal Government did. Federal Government increased pension @ 10% with effect from 1st April 2022 and 5% increase in pension with effect from 1st July 2022. Thus the Federal pensioners will get a total 15% raise in their pension this year.

Clarification by Provincial Minister Mr. Awais Leghari.

 

Clarification

In the post-budget press conference, the Provincial Minister Mr. Awais Leghari clarified that the Punjab Government pensioners will get a 5% pension increase with effect from 1st July plus a 10% pension increase with effect from 1st April 2022.

                This is good news for the pensioners of Punjab. They will now get a 15% pension. They will also get arrears of pension wef 1st April 2022 @ 10%.

 

You may also like: Expected  Basic Pay Scales 2022 Chart

 

Clarification of Pension Increase 2022 @ 15% instead of 05% Punjab

 

 

Share this post

2 thoughts on “Clarification of Pension Increase 2022 @ 15% instead of 05% Punjab

  1. Assalamo alaikum sir,
    5% Pension fron 1st july 2022, Will be on pension withdrawn in june 2022 or march 2022?
    Plz clarify this point.
    Jazak Allah

    Reply

Post Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.