Pay Protection on Appointment through Proper Channel

I have already discussed about the disadvantage of not applying through proper channel. Here we are discussing about the topic Pay Protection on Appointment through Proper Channel. Detail is as under:

Protection of Pay On appointment, through proper channel, from one department (having regular / pensionable services) to other or one government (Federal, Provincial or District), to other government the pay of the employee is protected and fixed as per following procedure:

Pay Protection on Appointment through Proper Channel

Detail of Pay Protection on Appointment through proper channel is as under:

Appointment in Same Pay Scale

On appointment in the same pay scale the employee will retain the same pay and period of previous service during the current increment would also count for annual increment.

Appointment from Lower to Higher Pay Scale

In an Office of a Federal Government

In case of appointment from lower to higher pay scale, the pay will be fixed just like case of regular promotion i.e. after allowing premature increment after next stage on appointment in a office of a Federal Government.

Provincial or District Government of Province Punjab

If the appointment is in an office of the Provincial or District Government of Province Punjab then fixation would be made at next stage and premature increment would not be allowed.

Appointment from Higher to Lower Pay Scale

If such appointment is made from higher to lower pay scale, the pay will be fixed at immediate lower stage and difference between previous and new pay will be granted as Personal Pay which would be absorbed in the pay on earning of increment or other enhancement in the pay.

Pay Protection for Contract Employees

The protection of pay is also admissible to contract employees, who apply, through proper channel, in terms of S & GAD OM Wing #DS (O & M) 5-3/2004/Contract (MF), dated 2nd August, 2007. All above detail is with reference to DDO Handbook Chapter Fixation of Pay/Pay & Service Verification.

Pay Protection on Appointment through Proper Channel

1. Majid Khan says:

I have worked with BISP from 2014 to 2018 as field supervisor and now i hoined PMAD as senior auditor. Can I protect my previous pay as i was a contractual employee of Bisp. Please guide

2. sehar says:

I have joined in bs-7 in 2008 in federal department. In 2014 i was selected for bs-17 though proper chanel. My servicr years were counted in lenght of service. kindly guide me about can i avail for the said rule and the procedure also.

3. Qurban Ali Klasson says:

Respected sir before 31-7-17 I was crop reporter on 11 BPS regular 31-7-17 I have joined education department as a educator bps 9 on contract basis through proper channel and 1-1-18 ko 14 bps ho giya hy DEO education ny pay fixation ka order bhe kr diye han kiya contract k iss period me meri pay fixation nahi ho Sakti please help and oblige me

4. Rizwan Ali says:

Dear Admin,
    I have served 8 years in federal department and applied for higher post in federal department after getting departmental NOC . Now I am appointed in higher post . Please guide me how can I secure my Pay and rendered service, thanks.

• Galaxy World says:

Dear Rizwan u should have no breakage of service, get LPC, Gazetted History/Service Book, Joining Relieving Report, NOC (Through proper channel letter and apply for the pay protection and previous service counting.

5. Ha says:

Salaam.Iwas a regular PST teacher. At that time my pay was Rs.16500.(Bps14).In 2014 I was appointed as SST (Bps 16)payer.10000.on adhoc,my new salery is less than previously. Now my service has been regularised. Can I take my previous pay +premature increment.

6. Rizwan Ul Hassan says:

Aoa,
    1. I have joined a federal government department from a provincial one i.e. Sindh High Court on higher grade, Please guide me what is the appropriate procedure to apply for pay protection?
    As the department is asking for service continuation from parent department which will surely make it difficult to get pay protection as it takes a lot of time and energy for service continuation.

It is once again clearly being mentioned that I have been appointed through proper channel, it means NOC, LPC, Relieving Order, Leave Account, and Service book have been issued to me from parent department.
    2. Which form is recommended to submit for initiate the salary, FO-01 or FO-02?
    I have been issued Personal Number once I joined provincial government department but does service book necessary to apply to start of the salary via FO-01 or FO-02

7. Noman Ahmad says:

Salam to all.
    I am serving in federal government in Islamabad Police as DEO (BPS-12) since 2009. Received an interview letter from FBR Sargodha for the post of LDC (BPS-09). Not applied through proper channel but want to join FBR Sargodha if selected.
    Any chance for pay protection and saving of 8 years service? Please guide

8. Saeed maqsood says:

Dear admin.
    M working in health kpk as doctor bps 17 regular 2.5 years. Applied for the post of senior registrar bps 18 in autonomous institutue through proper channel. In these institute there is new act called mti act 2015. There is uncertinity about the job security and pension issues. Now department is not releving me asking for resign. What bout my legal position and options.wht bou lien

9. Nadeem says:

Dear Admin.
    Please confirm if DDO handbook is valid for federal Government employees.

10. nadeem says:

Dear admin
    What is DDO Hand Book.

11. Imran Ali says:

Please share DS(O&M)5/3/2004/CONTRACT(MF) dated 02.08.2007 Notification of Punjab Government regarding pay protection of contract employees

12. Zeeshan says:

respected Sir.

I served six years service in federal govt as LDC in BPS 07 from 2009 to 2015. I have joined through proper channel federal Department in bps 15 through proper channel. my new department has count my service for pension purpose only. My Basic Pay in 2015 of BPS-07 was 9980 and my initial basic of BPS 15 was 10985. am I eligible for premature increment. i shall be very thankful to your kind consideration.

13. nadeem says:

Dear Admin
    I joined govt organization on 01 Sept 2010 through proper channel. Annual increment for that year was not granted to me. Please confirm if i am eligible to get annual increment and also share signed copy of notification, please.

14. nadeem says:

Please share a signed copy of notofication.

15. Amir says:

Pay protection 2013 me khatam ho gae?

16. Alamgir Khan Barkzai says:

I served in autonomous body (Public Sector University) as Lecturer BPS 17, from 17 March 1985 to 25 May 1999, then I joined, through proper channel, Provincial Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Higher Education Department as Assistant Professor BPS 18. University also transferred share of my Pension Contribution to Government Deptt. Unfortunately, the Finance Deptt refused to protect my previous pay and fixed my pay in initial stage of BPS 18. Can now I get my pay protection? Help please, as I almost lost 10 Annual increments which I previously earned in BPS 17.