Pay Protection on Appointment through Proper Channel

I have already discussed about the disadvantage of not applying through proper channel. Here we are discussing about the topic Pay Protection on Appointment through Proper Channel. Detail is as under:

Protection of Pay On appointment, through proper channel, from one department (having regular / pensionable services) to other or one government (Federal, Provincial or District), to other government the pay of the employee is protected and fixed as per following procedure:

Pay Protection on Appointment through Proper Channel

Detail of Pay Protection on Appointment through proper channel is as under:

Appointment in Same Pay Scale

On appointment in the same pay scale the employee will retain the same pay and period of previous service during the current increment would also count for annual increment.

Appointment from Lower to Higher Pay Scale

In an Office of a Federal Government

In case of appointment from lower to higher pay scale, the pay will be fixed just like case of regular promotion i.e. after allowing premature increment after next stage on appointment in a office of a Federal Government.

Provincial or District Government of Province Punjab

If the appointment is in an office of the Provincial or District Government of Province Punjab then fixation would be made at next stage and premature increment would not be allowed.

Appointment from Higher to Lower Pay Scale

If such appointment is made from higher to lower pay scale, the pay will be fixed at immediate lower stage and difference between previous and new pay will be granted as Personal Pay which would be absorbed in the pay on earning of increment or other enhancement in the pay.

Pay Protection for Contract Employees

The protection of pay is also admissible to contract employees, who apply, through proper channel, in terms of S & GAD OM Wing #DS (O & M) 5-3/2004/Contract (MF), dated 2nd August, 2007. All above detail is with reference to DDO Handbook Chapter Fixation of Pay/Pay & Service Verification.

Pay Protection on Appointment through Proper Channel

79 thoughts on “Pay Protection on Appointment through Proper Channel

1. Dear A.A A PERSON WHO WAS APPOINTED THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL AND THE DEPARTMENT POSTED HIM AGAINST A VACANT POST AFTER ONE MONTH OF HIS ARRIVAL REPORT.CAN HE GET SALARY FOR THE WAITING PERIOD I.E FROM THE DATE OF ARRIVAL REPORT TO THE DATE OF CHARGE ASSUMPTION.

2. if an individual is working in bps 19 as assistant processor at a university, and he is selected in a provincial govt college in the same scale bps 19 but as associate processor , will he get premature increment?

will it make any difference whether he joins college before or after 1st december?

1. dear sir, i read a case posted by you that if there is reappointment in the same but on a position of higher responsibility, then premature increment is granted. the example given was the appointment of ldc on the post of udc in the same scale. in my case the scale remains the same, but the designation changes from assistant professor to associate professor.
        kindly guide

1. thnx alot dear sir, you are doing an immense service to the employees

it would greatly help in applying for the above mentioned two increments, if the exact notification of the finance department is attached here.
            regards

3. Hello Sir,
    I would like know about that when an employee was appointed from Federal Government to Sindh Govenrment in upper grade then he also be admissible for grant of premature increment?

4. I m a permanent employee in pspcl of je scale. Now i m also selected in je/ss post in pspcl. But the form for the post was filled by me before joining pspcl, however, i have itimated to my authority at the time of joining at my current post. Am i eligible for pay protection?

5. I was a constable of kolkata police from 2006 to 2018 and on April 2018 I joined as a clerk of school through wbssc.my question is now am I eligible for pay protection and service continuation?

6. I was working as SST bps-16. my basic pay was 31070 according to basic pay scale chart 2017. now i have been appointed as Headmaster bps- 17 on 15/05/2019. what will be my basic pay. am i elligible for pre mature increment or not. kindly guide me.

7. Syed fakheem naqvi · Edit

I was working as assistant professor in BPS 19 in national textile universsity a federal chartered autonomous body and my basuc was 21620 on April 2011. I APPLIED THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL. through ppsc. In april 2011 i joined bps 18 asstt prof in higher education department.
    My initial pay in bps 18 was 12910. The very first stage.
    Kindly guide me.
    I was in Bps 19.....i applied through proper channel
    ........i got selected in bps 18 in college cadre on regular basis...kindly guide....the notufication says that if these three condions fulfill then i am eligible

8. Syed fakheem naqvi · Edit

My initial pay in bps 18 was 12910. The very first stage.
    Kindly guide me.
    I was in Bps 19.....i applied through proper channel
    ........i got selected in bps 18 in college cadre on regular basis...kindly guide....the notufication says that if these three condions fulfill then i am el8gible

9. I have come through proper channel to a federal job from from provincial one. Both are permanent and in the same grade but my pay in previous job was larger than that in current one. I need the reference to quote to write application for pay protection i.e. the rule mentioning that one will have the previous pay. What is the name of the book?

10. i am working in sindh govt in bps 17 and now going to join bps 16 (from higher grade to lower grase)
    my current basic is 33000 and net 60k but in bps 16 basic is 18k and net 34 as per revised pay. so can u tell me in brief how my pay would revise or protected ?

11. I was appointed tugt on 20 Sep 2007 and regularized on 1 July 2008, is there any authority available that I could get pay protection, as I have not been granted annual increments.

12. I was in agriculture department in BPS 14 and leaved this department 3.10.1995. Further I was appointed in education department and joined the deptt on 4.10.1995. I have not applied through proper channel . Am I eligible for pay protection?

13. Sir, i was working in delhi government since 2010 on contractual basis. Now I got selected in central government as regular on same pay scale. Am I eligible for pay protection.

14. SIr i am appointed as stenotypist on 27/12/2017 and was udc before that now whehter i will get annual increment and premature increment or not? please guide me and give the rule reference.

15. Sir,
    i ask you 1 question about the post of Assistant Admin Officer which is lying in bps 16 could any information regarding this post is updated as bps 17 or not?

16. Mera sawal yae hy k main aik autonomous institutions Cadet college main bps17 m Librarian tha phr main commission k through proper channel as a lecturer bps17 seletect howa mujhy sirf pay protection m 2 increments diy gy meri 5.saal ki service count nhn ki gi ur meri pay 65000 hazr thi ur as lecturer m 40 ly raha tha include increment k. Kia m claim kr sakta hon

17. Aoa mam.. If one was serving in bps in lower grade and joined sps in higher.. It will apply or not.. Their is huge difference between basic pay..

18. Assalam o alikum: Sir mein City District Governmen Rawalpindi mein scale 4 sy through proper channel punjab k hi 2srey department mein aya scale 11 mein regular sy contract paar aya hn mery liye kia rule ha??? reply must please

19. AOA mam,
    I was selected through proper channel in Federal govt in bps 17 from( bps4 ) provincial govt. I got initial pay of bps 17. My length of service included in my federal govt service. Should I apply for pay protection?

20. I served in police department as a clerk-BPS 11 and throuh proper channel I joined PST 12 in education department. I receive previous service benefits but I have no pay protection order. Kia DEO sy pay protection order issu krny k zarorat hogi

21. I served as A-4 Lecturer on contact basis on development side at fixed pay of Rs. 30000 from 2002 to 2005 in a federal college. In 2005, i was appointed as Lecturer BPS-17 through FPSC in the same college. There was no gap between the two services. The finance department refused to protect my services on contract basis since the appointment was not in BPS. Am i eligible for the pay protection?

22. AOA
    I joined health department on 26/3/2005 on contract basis. Later on in 2009 regularised by Punjab government. But district account office deducted all increments and other allowances from 2005 to 2008 from our salaries and they started new initial pay (bps 17).Later on a personal pay allowance was added with pay(fixed 3370).I was promoted in bps 18 as SMO in 29.6.2015.Now district account office have deducted that fixed personal allowance and also started recovery for 3years.Can I eligible for pay protection.

23. Dear Sir/madam
    I applied in BPS 17 in autonomous organization under the administrative control of Government of Punjab Higher Education Department (Punjab Govt rules followed) after obtaining NOC from previous Federal Govt Organization. The organization offered contract under contract policy 2004. I applied for pay protection but the office regretted my application due to following 2 reasons

1. It is mentioned in your contract to not claim any pay protection. In this regard is is submitted that the I am recruited as per contract policy 2004.

2. Your previous scale (special pay scale) not compatible with national pay scale. In this regard it is submitted that I was worked in Federal Govt Strategic Organization and I was in SPS - 5

Please help me and guide me what I can do now

Regards

24. Hlo sir . I am serving in punjab police . Selected as an audit inspector in co-operative societies punjab govt. I have no objection certificate from police deprtmnt for appaearing for that exam... what is rule for pay protection ...

25. Sir,

I served contract basis as Research Officer(BPS-17) from 26.02.2011 to 08.10.2014 and earned three(03) annual increments. I appointed as Assistant Controller of Exam(BPS-17) on regular basis dated 09.10.2014 in same organization. Kindly guide me that my pay may be protected? and what about earned three(03) annual increments?

26. Respected Sir,
    I was a permanent employee in a Federal Department on BPS-16,, I applied through proper channel to a Govt. university. I got selected in University on BPS-17. At the time of my joining in Govt University, I submitted my LPC, relieveing letter and my service book from my previous govt department. It is worth mentioning here that this new job in a Govt sector University is on contract basis as it is an HEC Project for three will and after three years, it will be regularized. Now the University is not protecting my pay saying as it is a project initially so your pay will be protected when your service will be regularized and permanent. It is matter of servious concern for my entire service career. If during my services in this University before mine being permanent here, got selected in some other Govt department then what will the case of my perious Govt services as two of my interviews are expected in FPSC as I have passed the written test. The university concerns are saying pay is not protected during contract services. I am really in a fix and worried if my previous regular Govt services are not included into my this new job in this govt sector university. It would be of a great loss for my entire professional career. Please will help me out.. i would be really grateful to you.
    Profound Regards

27. Sir in need your confirmation comments in the light of above narration,
    through proper channel i got a job in Provincial University in bps-16 (autonomous body) and earlier i was in Federal Govt. Deptt in BPS-9. i am eligible for next stage only not for pre-mature increment at the time of pay fixation?

28. Engr. Muhammad Mubeen · Edit

Dear Admin,
    Please clarify that pay protection includes only fixation of basic pay or it also includes your previous allowances other than basic pay? For example, Adhoc relief allowance, Special compensation allowance etc.

1. Engr. Muhammad Mubeen · Edit

Can you please share some ruling or notification regarding this? It will be very helpful for me as i have to put up my application for pay protection.

1. Engr. Muhammad mubeen sb have u received any notification regarding pay protection i.e all allownce will be same or not and service will be countable or not.if u received plz share with me

29. PLEASE CLARIFIED, AMENDMENT MADE BY GOVERNMENT IN 2013 , CONTRACT POLICY 2007. I HAVE APPOINT THROUGH PROPER CHANNEL WITH NOC AND RELIEVE MY DEPARTMENT WITHOUT ANY GAPE. MY PAY IS NOT PROTECTED BY THE DISTRICT ACCOUNT OFFICER. MY EARLIER SERVICE IS 9 YEARS.

30. Please let me the the basic rule/notification regarding pay protection of employees upon their appointment in the same scale in another Department of KPK Government. If possible, a scan copy of the said rule/notification may please be posted on the website so that I can easily take its print out.

31. sir have any notification for pay protect ,from regular to contract ( low stage to upper) i.e grade 5 regular to grade 12 on contract.
    accounts office says there is contract to contract policy mention in all notifications not for regular to contract.
    i have appointed through proper channel without any gape or interval in my service

32. Ahmad Zeeshan Bhatti · Edit

Dear Sir,

I believe this is letter from Punjab Government. I am working in Federal Government so any such letter would greatly help me.

33. AoA... plz tell me is there any rule for applying through proper channel in same scale, federal govt to federal govt.??? I yes, then kindly specify.

34. Respected Sir...

Plz tell me if there is any rule. I was working in BS-14 in federal govt dept, after 2.5 years i got selected in BS-16 in same department. As i went to BS-16 without proper channel therefore I have to resign previous job. So i resigned and on the very next i joined next assignment in BS-16.

Now kindly help me if there is any way to assemble my previous service of 2.5 years with current length of job.

35. Sir.aoa .
    I served 15yrs fronter corps balochistan from Oct 2001 to July 2017 in bps 9,than I joined education departmnt dera gaze khan panjab through proper channel in bps 14 as ese educater.now I am appointed higher post.plse guide me how I secure my pay and rendered service plse tell me methed sir plse

36. I have worked with BISP from 2014 to 2018 as field supervisor and now i hoined PMAD as senior auditor. Can I protect my previous pay as i was a contractual employee of Bisp. Please guide

37. I have joined in bs-7 in 2008 in federal department. In 2014 i was selected for bs-17 though proper chanel. My servicr years were counted in lenght of service. kindly guide me about can i avail for the said rule and the procedure also.

38. Qurban Ali Klasson · Edit

Respected sir before 31-7-17 I was crop reporter on 11 BPS regular 31-7-17 I have joined education department as a educator bps 9 on contract basis through proper channel and 1-1-18 ko 14 bps ho giya hy DEO education ny pay fixation ka order bhe kr diye han kiya contract k iss period me meri pay fixation nahi ho Sakti please help and oblige me

39. Dear Admin,
    I have served 8 years in federal department and applied for higher post in federal department after getting departmental NOC . Now I am appointed in higher post . Please guide me how can I secure my Pay and rendered service, thanks.

1. Dear Rizwan u should have no breakage of service, get LPC, Gazetted History/Service Book, Joining Relieving Report, NOC (Through proper channel letter and apply for the pay protection and previous service counting.

40. Salaam.Iwas a regular PST teacher. At that time my pay was Rs.16500.(Bps14).In 2014 I was appointed as SST (Bps 16)payer.10000.on adhoc,my new salery is less than previously. Now my service has been regularised. Can I take my previous pay +premature increment.

41. Aoa,
    1. I have joined a federal government department from a provincial one i.e. Sindh High Court on higher grade, Please guide me what is the appropriate procedure to apply for pay protection?
    As the department is asking for service continuation from parent department which will surely make it difficult to get pay protection as it takes a lot of time and energy for service continuation.

It is once again clearly being mentioned that I have been appointed through proper channel, it means NOC, LPC, Relieving Order, Leave Account, and Service book have been issued to me from parent department.
    2. Which form is recommended to submit for initiate the salary, FO-01 or FO-02?
    I have been issued Personal Number once I joined provincial government department but does service book necessary to apply to start of the salary via FO-01 or FO-02

42. Salam to all.
    I am serving in federal government in Islamabad Police as DEO (BPS-12) since 2009. Received an interview letter from FBR Sargodha for the post of LDC (BPS-09). Not applied through proper channel but want to join FBR Sargodha if selected.
    Any chance for pay protection and saving of 8 years service? Please guide

43. Dear admin.
    M working in health kpk as doctor bps 17 regular 2.5 years. Applied for the post of senior registrar bps 18 in autonomous institutue through proper channel. In these institute there is new act called mti act 2015. There is uncertinity about the job security and pension issues. Now department is not releving me asking for resign. What bout my legal position and options.wht bou lien

44. Please share DS(O&M)5/3/2004/CONTRACT(MF) dated 02.08.2007 Notification of Punjab Government regarding pay protection of contract employees

45. respected Sir.

I served six years service in federal govt as LDC in BPS 07 from 2009 to 2015. I have joined through proper channel federal Department in bps 15 through proper channel. my new department has count my service for pension purpose only. My Basic Pay in 2015 of BPS-07 was 9980 and my initial basic of BPS 15 was 10985. am I eligible for premature increment. i shall be very thankful to your kind consideration.

46. Dear Admin
    I joined govt organization on 01 Sept 2010 through proper channel. Annual increment for that year was not granted to me. Please confirm if i am eligible to get annual increment and also share signed copy of notification, please.

47. Alamgir Khan Barkzai · Edit

I served in autonomous body (Public Sector University) as Lecturer BPS 17, from 17 March 1985 to 25 May 1999, then I joined, through proper channel, Provincial Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Higher Education Department as Assistant Professor BPS 18. University also transferred share of my Pension Contribution to Government Deptt. Unfortunately, the Finance Deptt refused to protect my previous pay and fixed my pay in initial stage of BPS 18. Can now I get my pay protection? Help please, as I almost lost 10 Annual increments which I previously earned in BPS 17.