Detail & Procedure of Various Claims for the Employee Who Dies During Service for FG Employees

Last Updated on October 31, 2021 by ShumailaKamalBHP

Today I am going to discuss with procedure and all the documents required in the process of claiming All the Packages for the Employees Who Dies during Service. This topic relates to the Federal Govt Employees and I think there may be some amendments for the Provincial Govt Employees.

The Basic Process after the Death of FG Employee

First of all just after the death of a Govt Employee just prepare/complete the following documents:

  • Death Certificate issued by U.C (Union Council)
  • Affidavit of widow
  • Service Book (In case of Non-Gazetted period)
  • Gazetted History (in Case of Gazetted Period)
  • Leave Account
  • Last Pay Certificate
  • PAF-357

Packages for the Employee who Dies During Service


During Service Death



The following packages/cases are to be claimed for the family of the employee who dies during service:

  • Job to son or daughter for two years on contract (BPS-01 to 15)
  • Family Pension
  • Benevolent Fund/ Group Insurance Case
  • Aid Out of Welfare Fund
  • Assistance Package for Family
  • Leave Encashment
  • TA/DA (In Case of Address Out of Station)
  • House Rent Allowance

Documents required for All the Cases

Now I will tell you the detail of the documents required for all the cases.

Job to the son or daughter for two years on contract

Just submit the application along with the educational documents of the son or daughter of the deceased Govt Employee and the Govt will grant the job for a period of two years on contract basis.

Family Pension Papers

The following documents are required to be prepared for the family pension:

1.                Retirement order/Certificate/Annex-A                 (in triplicate)

2.                PAFA-672 (Family Pension form)                                                    -do-

3.                PAFA-357                                                                                        -do-

4.                Last Pay Certificate duly signed by CMA and sealed (in original)    -do-

5.                Requisite Certificate Annexure-A & B                                              -do-

6.                Declaration in terms of articles ARI-922-A CER                              -do-

7.                Passport size photographs of Widow                                                         4 Nos

8.                National Identity Card Late & Widow                                               (in triplicate)

9.                Specimen signature of widow                                                  (in triplicate)

10.              Identification mark sheet of widow                                                   -do-

11.              Option certificate for 25 % of pension as Gratuity  alongwith application of widow                                                                     -do-


12.              No Demand Certificate                                                                     -do-

13.              Name of Bank                                                                                   -do-

14.              Regular Certificate                                                                                      -do-

15.              Office Order                                                                                                -do-

16.              Thumb Impression        of widow                                                             -do-

17.              No-married Certificate and Affidavit                                                          -do-

18.              Annexure-T                                                                                                -do-

19.              Annexure-U                                                                                                -do-

20.              Service Book                                                                           (in Original)

21.              Gazetted History

Benevolent Fund/ Group Insurance Case


1.       Application Form “B” / Membership certificate and Part-III   (in triplicate)

certificate by Head of Office.

2.       Department letter notifying struck off role                                        -do-

3.       Death certificate issued by UC No.35, Multan.                                 -do-

4.       Attested copy Last Pay Certificate                                                    -do-

5.       Attested photo copy of Service Book page 1& 2                              -do-

6.       List of Family members and Form – B                                                       -do-

7.       Envelop containing 4 copies of photographs of widow                    -do-

8.       Thumb Impression / Signature sheet of widow                                 -do-

9.       Photo copies of CNIC Late ABDUL KHALIQ & Widow                          -do-

10.     Affidavit of widow                                                                  (in Original)

11.     Nomination Forms                                                                            (in triplicate)

12.     Last schedule of Ben. Fund                                                              -do-

13.     Identification Mark of widow                                                           -do-

14.     Application of the widow                                                                 (in Original)

15.     No demand Certificate                                                             (in triplicate)

16.     Name of Bank & A/C Number                                                                   -do-


Aid out of Welfare Fund

The documents for Aid out of Welfare Fund are as under:


  1. Photo copy of CNIC of Late & widow
  2. Photo copy of Death Certificate.
  3. Photo copy of retirement order.
  4. List of Family Members.
  5. Copy of Nomination Form
  6. Original Affidavit duly attested by Class 1st Magistrate.
  7. Copy of –B-Form issued by NADRA.


Assistance Package for Family of Govt, Employee Who Died in Service

The documents for Assistance Package for Familyare as under:


  1. Photo copy of CNIC of Late & widow
  2. Photo copy of Death Certificate.
  3. Photo copy of retirement order.
  4. List of Family Members.
  5. Copy of Nomination Form
  6. Original Affidavit duly attested by Class Ist Magistrate.
  7. Copy of –B-Form issued by NADRA.       

Leave Encashment

The Following documents are to be submitted for the sanction of leave encashment.

Covering Letter by the Head of the Institution

Leave Account in Original

Notification of Death

House Rent Allowance/Payment of Hired House

The retention of Govt House or payment of hired house for 5 years or till the age of superannuation, whichever is earlier but for a minimum 3 years is granted to the family of the deceased Govt Employee.

Just submit the letter along with the death Notification to the higher authorities for the sanction of the same.

Final Payment of GP Fund

The Govt Employee has balance of GP Fund in his/her GP Fund Account. A letter be issued to the CMA for the final statement of GP Fund and when the same statement is received a contingent bill along with this GP Fund statement be submitted to the CMA for the payment.

TA/DA Claims

In case the employee is the permanent resident of the other station then the TA/DA is also claimed. Daily Allowance is not admissible for the family as also in the case of other types of retirements. The following will be added in the TA/DA bill:

  • 1x Basic Pay
  • Luggage Charges
  • Transport Fare

This post has been delivered by Mr. Muhammad Iqbal Accountant FGEIs, Multan



Share this post

61 thoughts on “Detail & Procedure of Various Claims for the Employee Who Dies During Service for FG Employees

  1. What is the process to know about childrena with in sepco ,if employee died on duty service &in grade bps 16 ,now if his child or male boy 16education so what r the rules hre will appointed bps what kindly tell me?

  2. Financial assistance compensation jo govt Punjab ne notifiy kia hai wo ksa claim kr ksta hain I mean deparment waly case bna ka send krn gy ka DCO office se claim ready ho ga please guide ..

  3. Dear Sir,

    My father died in July 2017 BS-14 in Health deparment fsd and Department waly keh rha hian ka apki pension nie lagni becoz mara father nxt year Feb, 2018 main retaire ho rha tha….plz guide me

  4. Can ZTBL regular employees claims house rent allowance or not? Is there any policy with reference to any notification. As per my understanding no ZTBL employee is entitled for it, which tantamount violation of employees right.


  5. Assalam-o-Alaikum,

    I would like to know whether childrens of deceased employee can claim pay & allowance arrears arising due to erroneous fixation of pay.

    Under what rule is the claim admissible?

  6. Assalam O Alekum

    I am very glad to read this form comments and solutions answer by shumaila. May Allah give you long life with health and more education Shumaila and group.

    Dear Shumaila, my aunty is widow and she is in a big problem and the problem is that:

    her brother in law (husband) brother register case of her in civil court for claiming part in his death brother funds which are only benelovent fund. GB Fund etc.

    So please help in this case becose she has only a daughter and no body to help her only the Govt funds are everything for her, please check the govt rules in widow case and forward us asap,

    Note her brother in law is also retired from Wapda and he never help a ruppee his younger brother when he was sick and finally died.

  7. Janab main ya pochna chats hon Kay Mara walid KO foot hoa abhi 4 month hoa hain main apna walid ki post pa lg sakta hon Mara walid police main constable tha

  8. dear shumaila
    meray walid ki death ko 20 saal ho chukey hain. kya meri family ko lum sum grant mil sakti hai aur kya main ab apply kar sakta hoon son quota ke tehat. meray walid passport office mein as a stenographer they and he was died in 1994.

  9. medam meray walid ki death ko 4 saal ho gai hain jo k ztbl mai as OG3/Teller appoint the aur unki job duration 21 saal thi, encashment to mil gai hain, ham 2 bhai aur 3 behne hain jo k parh rhe hain lakin hamen education allownces k baare bank ki traf se nai bataya gya aur mai ne graduate kia hua hai mujhe son quota k liye kis process se guzarna hoga kindly mujhe iss baare mai briefly guide kren. ahmed mujtaba.

  10. Muhammad Usman Nasir · Edit

    Dear Miss Shumaila, meray father ki death ko 19 years ho gaye hein, lekin meri mother ko pension aur fund k elawa kuch nahi mila tha, kya ab hamein House Rent mil skta ha???

  11. i have a problem…………. koi bata sakta hai k contract basis pe di jany waly job k liy banda kitny time me Lazmi apply kary ga????? ager koi 3 sal bad apply kary to us ko job mily gi???

  12. aslam alicum medam mere walid sb ke 24 hours service men death ho gaie pension gp fund group insurance financial assistance wagera to mil gaie lekan house rent allownce aid out welfare fund ka offiece walon ne nahen bataya na document banaie us ke plz help karen allah pak ap ko khush rakhi ga

  13. madam if person retires from govt services and shift his residence within the same district. will he entitled for TA /TA. The retiree is a federal govt. employee. A retiree wants to shift his residence to the station other the station of his domicile . will he claim the TA/DA for that place.

  14. AOA DEAR
    mery father ki death hui hy recently ap mugay guide karo k unko leave enchashment leave balance k mutabiq millay gi yadeath ki surat may 365 days full

  15. Assalam u Alaikum Mam ! ap say ye poochna chahti hoon k Prime Minister Assistant Pakge kay tehat agar kisi employee ka beta ya beti job karna chahay to kia us betay ya beti kay liy ghair shadi shuda hona zaroori he ya beta ya beti married honay ki soorat men b apply kar saktay hen ?

  16. Muhammad Usman Nasir · Edit

    Dear Miss Shumaila, mein ne apnay father ki jaga appointment k liye Director FGEI(C/G) ko apni Mother ki taraf se application aur apnay documents send kiye hein,Lekin wahan se koi reply nahi aya, ab mujhy kya krna chahiye??????plz tell me

    1. Dear Muhammad Usman kitna waqt ho gia hay application send kiay ko. Aap apnay father kay institution kay through reminder send kar wa dain. Thanks

      1. Ho sakta hai..kuch mehkmoon main aisa ho raha hai k jin ki ollad nahi hoti, wo window kisi ko select karwa sakti hai..k yeh meri kafalat kare ga..for exmple CDA ,

  17. sister. Agar through proper apply kar k selection ho jati hy. Pr new job mein seting na hosaky means pasand na aiy. To kia wapis ja sakty hain previous post pr. “Lien” K bary mein suna hy k agar lien lya jai to aisa ho sakta hy. Lien kya hy. Kaisy milta hy. Kin ko milta hy. Kuch is bary me btaen. Thanks

  18. Madam. Me BPS-3 ka regular employee hon in Sindh Govt since last 7 years. Ab mein primary teacher BS.9 k lye apply kya tha . Pr NOC Nahe lya tha balky direct . Mera nam final selection list me a gya hy aur yeh job 3 years contract pr hy. Agr mein apni Bs.3 wali job sy 3 years without pay wali leave approve karwa lon to kya yeh legal hy ya illegal. Aur yeh leave maximum kitny year ki mil sakti hy aur iska kya procedure hoga. Ya phr previous job sy resign kr k new job ko join kar k risk lya jai. Please lazmi guide kejye ga. Ap ka advance thanks.

    1. Dear Tariq, agar aap leave lain gay to yeh to clear illegal hay. Aap nai through proper channel apply nahin kia yeh aap ki mistake hay bas ap ab new jobs join kar lain, 1st department aap ko jaisay be releive karta hay relieve ho jain chahin resign hi kun na dena paray kunkeh yeh BPS-09 ki job hay aour is main promotion kay bhi chances ho saktay hain. Agar koi aour person Tariq Sb ko advise karna chahta hay to plz comment.

    2. Aik sarkari mehkmay se dusare sarkari mehkmay main ja rahe hai tu tu baad main b aap apni guzri hoi service count karwa sakte hai,ager aap nay direct apply kya b ho,,us main thori mehnat darkaar hoti hai bas..aur contract wali job riski hoti hai,,chahe wo bps 16 ki he kiu na,aur permanat bps 3 he ho 3 behtar hai.

  19. respectable mam i a asking abt the duration of employment of employee for which after death these packages will be given specially minimum duration of employment for family pension.and these packages are for contract employee or only for permanent employee.

          1. respectable mam recently our fellow has died and his service length was less than 10 years. and there is problem of family pension if there is any notification regarding duration of service plz upload that.

          2. Dear Akash according to the previous rules service must be minimum 9 years and 6 months. But I have heard that this limit has been ended but I have not confirm full about the same limit ending. Thanks

        1. Dear Mani, I think welfare department is the part of the establishment division. Just send your application to ur office they will process the same according to the rules and they will forward the same where it is necessary.

          1. thanx mam ……….i disscuss both funeral grant and aid of welfare fund butt they deny they said they are hearing these words first time what do you say about to claim both grants

Post Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.